Saturday, March 27, 2010

EGYPT - Donald And the Wheel (1961)


This is actually one of several segments from a truly humungous master pan BG. Previously I posted the recreated Greek section.

I've been meaning to work on this EGYPT section for months. I finally got around to it! It wasn't easy. There is a chariot race is this scene. I could only build this slowly, one slice at a time. Near the end of the "pan," two horses (with two different Donalds!) actually criss-cross! Here's what I had to contend with:

I couldn't clear the entire image, but I was able to recreate most of the pan background, with Donald and his horse split. Don't even ask me why, it just worked out this way! I did a little clean-up painting in Photoshop, but 99% of this is original and un-retouched,

As usual I have split the sections so you can see more detail. Here's the left side Sphinx section.


Here's a close-up of the right side. I like the little cluster of palm trees in the middle.

I am far from expert at mediums, but it appears to be pastels. Expert opinions - please!

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites